|Страниц||7 ( 14 шрифт, полуторный интервал )|
Без ожидания: файлы доступны для скачивания сразу после оплаты.
Ручная проверка: файлы открываются и полностью соответствуют описанию.
Английский язык для студентов технических специальностейВариант 4
I. Выберите соответствующую форму Gerund or Participle I / II:
1. A lot of wonderful discoveries in the 20th century were the result of the intense work of Russian scientists.
a) making b) having been made c) made
2. Heat to a substance won’t always case rise of its temperature.
a) Having added b) Added c) Adding
3. Once and if designed properly, the system is very flexible.
a) designing b) having designed c) designed
4. Minerals and rocks are subjected to a process of constant development on geological conditions.
a) depending b) depended c) being depended
5. Into chemical reactions elements entirely change their properties.
a) Having gone b) Gone c) Going
6. When , cold masses of air chill warmer air masses.
a) moved b) moving c) being moved
7. They objected to the talks without all the colleagues presented.
a) being held b) holding c) having held
8. It is a common observation that bodies expand when.
a) heating b) heated c) being heated
9. The exchange rate, the population has all reasons to keep their savings in the local currency.
a) fixed b) fixing c) being fixed
10. New machines engineers pay attention to the conditions of their utilization.
a) Designed b) Having designed c) Designing
II. Переведите предложения, содержащие косвенные вопросы, пассивные конструкции, инфинитивные формы:
1) The question whether the atom can or cannot be split up is known to have interested scientists from ancient times.
Вопрос, можно ли поделить атом, как известно, интересовал ученых из древних времен. (косвенный вопрос)
2) The intention of the present work was to see whether a detailed study of a range of alloys would reveal any regularities of behavior.
3) Chemical methods of purifying water are given much attention to by our scientists.
4) The use of metals is affected by the available ore resources, the cost of extraction and refining, and the way in which they can be employed to practical advantage.
5) It is not possible to obtain as high thermal efficiencies when furnaces are fired with raw coal as with other means of firing, but these matters will not be dealt with here.
6) Retardation may be looked upon as negative acceleration.
7) When a concentrated clay suspension is allowed to settle, the clay will occupy a volume, which is different from the original volume of clay.
8) There are many methods available for the measurement of magnetics susceptibility. The choice of a method depends on the problem to be solved.
9) There are crystals in which there appears to be two types of interatomic attraction acting at the same time.
10) Metals known to exist in more than one crystallographic forms are cobalt, cerium, tin, manganese, chromium, and thallium.
11) We might synthesize water by allowing hydrogen and oxygen to combine, which they do very readily.
12) X-rays have been of tremendous assistance to the engineer in enabling him to work by knowledge instead of by rule of thumb.
13) Some mistakes must have been made in assembling the parts of the machine. Chalk is made of the shells of little animals. They must have been tiny things, for you can only see the shells with a very strong glass.
III. Заполните смысловые пропуски в тексте следующими словами: building, pump, valve, absorb, fluid, pressure, expansion, evaporator, condenser, heated.
A heat pump is an electrical device that pumps heat from one place to another. During cold weather, it extracts heat from the outside air, and transfers it into the (1). During hot weather, the heat (2) reverses this operation, and transfers heat from inside the building to the outside.
The machine is based on the two principles of the refrigeration cycle: (1) when a gas is compressed, it condenses, and gives out heat, and (2) when a liquid is expanded, it evaporates, and absorbs (or takes in) heat.
The main parts of a heat pump are a compressor, an expansion valve, two fans, a reversing (3) and two sets of coils, one on the outside and the other on the inside of the building. The coils are thin pipes which are bent in a U-shape many times, they can (4) and give out heat.
The compressor pumps a special fluid called a refrigerant around the coils. The refrigerant is under high (5) as it flows from the compressor to the condenser. As the (6) passes around the condenser coils, it gives out heat to the surrounding air. The fluid then passes through the (7) valve. Here the pressure is suddenly reduced and the fluid expands. This makes it evaporate. As the fluid passes around the evaporator coils, it absorbs heat from the surrounding air, making it cold. Then the fluid flows back to the compressor.
In cold weather, the outside coil acts as the (8) and the inside coil acts as the (9). The fluid in the evaporator is under low pressure, and so it evaporates. The fan pulls the outside air over the evaporator and the fluid absorbs heat from it. The compressor then pumps the heated fluid into the building under high pressure to the condenser. The second fan blows air over the condenser, and the (10) air is blown into the building.
IV. Трансформируйте диалог, согласно образцу: